SAE International’s A World In Motion® (AWIM®) proudly announces the 2022 Chowdhury STEM Innovation Contest! Elementary and middle school students are asked to choose a real-world issue to research, imagine and design their own STEM solution, then create a digital presentation to share their ideas in a fun, engaging way.
The contest is open to students in grades 4-8 in the U.S. and Canada. Both individuals and teams of up to four students are welcomed. We need help from our university teams to act as volunteer judges! We are urgently recruiting for this opportunity - if interested please reach out to [email protected] ASAP to sign up.
Please Note: Teams that participate in the LearnTwice initiative can use this opportunity to help meet the required volunteer hours.
Learn More about this contest at: www.sae.org/chowdhury
- Sign-up deadline: Monday, February 21, 2022
- Start date: Monday, February 21, 2022
- Timeframe: Participation is flexible with regards to timeline - student submissions due Feb. 28; scoring to take place in March.
- End date: Monday, March 21, 2022
- Qualifications Needed: Open to any career or university level individual, must be 18+yo and resident in U.S. or Canada. Background in STEM-related field preferred.
Estimated hours this volunteer opportunity will take:
- 5-10 hours, flexible
- (1 hr.) Training
- (2-4 hrs.) Individual submission review as needed
- (2-4 hrs.) Group scoring comparisons & nominations
- Again, please note that this can go towards LearnTwice volunteer hours.
Contest guidelines can be found at www.sae.org/chowdhury and contact [email protected] to sign up.