1. Can we glue the caps on?
No. that would be modifying the water bottle, which is not allowed.
2. Can we add tape to the water bottle to reinforce it?
No. Adding tape will make it difficult to quickly determine if the bottle is damaged and leaking, or not. Teams may not add tape directly to the bottle.
3. Can we add a protective cover to the water bottle?
Yes, as long as the protective cover can be instantly removed at weigh in, so that the unmodified water bottle can be quickly checked for leaks and damage. Permanently installed protection would be a modification to the bottle and would not be allowed.
4. Can we use a different size bottle besides the ones listed in the rules?
No. The rules are clear about the two allowed sizes of water bottles. No other sizes are allowed.
5. Can it contain anything besides water?
No. the rules clearly state that the contents of the unmodified water bottle must be water.
6. Teams must use different color streamers for each set of supplies dropped in a given flight, so that the officials can make sure that each set was dropped from above the minimum altitude, based on telemetry. If you make two drops in one flight, one drops streamers must be one color and the other drops streamers must be a different color.